Friday, January 12, 2018

Off, Again!

So where are we off to in 2018? Lots of places!  Of course, we’ll visit
Winter trees
small towns in Texas. We’re planning to head in a more northward direction to see what’s happening in places such as Krum, Bolivar, Slidell, Era, and Rosston. I’m sure that there is lots of hidden history for us to discover. We’ll drive to these small towns, and it will be day trips. We’re not in danger of over packing for these jaunts, but on longer road trips, perhaps to Galveston (yes, I know that’s south), it’s hard to resist taking everything I might remotely want. For instance, I do like my own pillow, but do I really want to haul it around and risk leaving it in some hotel? Do I really need five pairs of shoes? What about that sack of snacks? The answer to these questions is a resounding NO!




Other than the road trips, there are beading trips to North Carolina, New Mexico, Texas, and perhaps California or Florida. I’ll fly to most of these
Wax-leaf Privet
and although I like to take two bags, one for beads and supplies and one for clothing, I do tend to pack lightly. My normal gear is a couple of pairs of slacks, a fresh shirt for each day, perhaps an extra outfit if there is something special going on, and a pair of shoes other than those I wear. Even with other necessities, this doesn’t fill my bag and that’s a good thing. I may pick up door prizes or other beady goodies, and I’ll have room for anything I might purchase. I used to fill some of my empty spaces with books, but now I have an e-reader and can carry hundreds of books in a much smaller package.






An empty bag is even more important when I go abroad. I’ll be out of the
Geode
country a bit more in 2018 than last year. And since I love to learn about different cultures, I’m excited. This year I’m off to Greece, Sweden, Kuala Lumpur, and a cruise from Montreal to New York. This also means that I’ll have several opportunities to shop for special gifts, continue my collection of small rabbit statues, and perhaps pick up a cloth patch of two; and that means that I’ll fill those spaces in my bags.










In any case, the passport is up to date, the suitcases are in good shape, and the camera is charged. I’m ready: let’s go!!

Wind Spinner
©2018 NearNormal Design and Production Studio - All rights including copyright of photographs and designs, as well as intellectual rights are reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment